Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4

I would like to say that the folks over at Traveller's Tales did not disappoint in their latest installment of popular franchises turned Lego. I have not completed the game but have been playing with my wife and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Together we have completed the first year. I will admit that events are somewhat out of order than they appear in the book but that does not hurt the game much. The graphics are nice and a bit fresh compared to some of the other Lego games. So far as I know this is the first Lego game (edit: Lego Indiana Jones had this feature I have not played that one) to include making the screen split screen when you run too far away from your partner. This is an awesome feature and I miss it very much when I play Lego Batman.

Learning spells is fun and happens as in between's for the games bigger events. Often they involve using the newly learned spell to complete a puzzle. The game is challenging at times but not too hard. I am hoping that the difficulty some what ramps up as the story progresses.
The new system of hub's is great as Hogwart's itself provides a sort of hub you can do things in and the Leaky Cauldron as well as Diagon Alley are available with different features in each. As such the level design is much better in this Lego installment. Playing as Fang in the Enchanted Forest was some of the most fun I have had in a while.
Keep on the look out for more posts! Both on my continuing gaming and my continuing crafting of programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment